Grillie Fillie Breakfast – Egg Ham Cheese
The breakfast Grillie Fillie is so much fun to make and you will not have a better tasting breakfast from the grill.
- 1 Grillie
- Have all your ingredients ready. You will also need a 1 cup measure and a 1/2 cup measure (see blue measure cups in picture). Have the 5″ Dough Discs ready for filling and you will need 1 Grillie. (Video at the bottom of page shows how to make the dough discs.) Pre-heat the grill to 400 degrees after you make the Grillie Fillies.
- Begin Dicing eggs, ham and cheese and mix into a bowl. Add any seasonings. Adobo, black pepper and granulated garlic are excellent seasonings.
- Get you dough discs ready to be filled.
- Put one dough disc over the 1 cup measure and take the 1/2 cup measure and press and form a bowl shape in the dough. See the next picture.
- Dough is formed and ready for filling.
- Fill the 1/2 cup measure with an over filled 1/2 cup of eggs, ham and cheese. (Use any leftovers from the night before. I have used pasta and Chinese food. BBQ with imagination)
- Flip the 1/2 cup over and fill the dough.
- The Grillie Fillie is about to be sealed.
- Wrap the dough around the filling and twist and pinch the top. Make sure the dough is sealed or you will have an explosion in the Grillie.
- Fill the Grillie with 3-4 Grillie Fillies. The fun is about to begin!!!
Grilling The Grillie Fillies
- Place Grillie on pre-heated grill (400 degrees) and lightly spray olive oil (or your favorite oil) while turning the Grillie a few full rotations. You want to turn and oil within the first minute to coat the dough and have the dough begin to cook so the dough will not stick to the Grillie. (You may also add a light coating of white flour to the outside before placing inside Grillie) Turn every 2 minutes after you are sure the Grillie Fillies are not sticking to the Grillie.
- In 6-7 minutes your Grillie Fillies should look like the picture. The Grillie Fillies should be golden brown on all sides. Test out your own techniques as you make more Grillie Fillies.
- Remove from Grill after 6-7 minutes or golden brown.
- Empty Grillie Fillies into bowl.
- Prepare yourself for an awesome breakfast. Make some coffee or tea, say Grace and have a camera ready to send me pictures.
- Grillie Fillie breakfast ready to be eaten!!! Enjoy everyone!