Grillie Criss Cross Lemon Pepper Chicken
Criss Cross lemon Pepper Chicken is another recipe from Fran. Deceptively simple and yet may be the best chicken you will grill. No sticking to the grill, no tearing of the criss cross pieces and the chicken will be the most juicy grilled chicken you will ever have. The Grillie makes everything easy and the food tastes amazing.
- Two Grillies are needed or this recipe
- Take each chicken breast and slice about half way thru a criss cross design so you end up with a pattern like the one in the picture. The criss cross pieces should be about 3/4"x 3/4" in size.
- Put chicken into tray or pan and spray canola oil or olive oil on chicken. Saturate chicken breast in lemon pepper and granulated garlic. Work seasonings into the criss cross cuts with your fingers. Add a pinch or two of salt per breast (to taste).
- Place two chicken breasts into each Grillie. (Max. 2 breasts per Grillie). Place Grillies onto the grill and spray with olive oil on one side then turn 180 degrees and spray olive oil again. Wait about 1 minute and repeat. Turn every 3-4 minutes, grill for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from grill after 10-12 minutes. ( 10-12 minutes is an average time for a gas grill at 450. You may need to test the time for your grill) See photo - This is what the Criss Cross Chicken should look like when your pour them onto a plate. The chicken should be juicy inside and grilled outside.