BBQ Egg Grillie Fillies Plus Pasta Grillie Fillies
What is a Grillie Fillie? A Grillie Fillie is a grilled pizza dough ball filled with your favorite filling, it is pure Grillie magic. This Grillie recipe is for Breakfast Grilie Fillie (egg, bacon and cheese) and a pasta Grillie Fillie.
- Mix scrambled eggs and bacon into bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out small section of pizza dough into 1/8" thick (watch video)
- Use a 1 cup measure and 1/2 cup measure to begin making the Grillie Fillies. Place flat piece of pizza dough over the 1 cup measure and place the 1/2 cup onto the dough and press into cup to form dough into a bowl shape. Add about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese into the dough. Then use the 1/2 cup measure to scoop a heaping 1/2 cup of egg and bacon mix and place onto shredded cheese and into the dough. Wrap dough over the filling and close the top with a twist and a pinch to terminate the dough ball. (Watch Video to see the technique)
- 4 Grillie Fillies, Your Grillie Fillies should look like the picture below. Make sure the dough does not become too thin as the grilling could cause a rupture in the dough shell. Repeat process until you make 4 egg bacon and cheese Grillie Fillies and 4 pasta Grillie Fillies. Two Grillies will be needed. 4 Grillie Fillies per Grillie.
- Pre-Heat Grill to 425-450F
- Add Grillies with the Fillies onto the grill and spray with oil. Make sure you turn the Grillie and oil the entire Grillie Fillie. Roll a few times in the beginning. Turn the Grillie every 1 minute or so and spray oil as needed. This will keep the dough from sticking to the Grillie. The Grillie Fillies will start turning a golden brown color. Grill for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.